Terms and Conditions
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions on www.the-blocks.com you are bound by and agree to the relevant Terms and Conditions of TechForge Media Ltd.
The following Terms and Conditions shall constitute a Contract of Agreement between you as a participant in an event and TechForge Media Ltd.
Part One: Award entries
- Entries should be made using the online form available here, using the template provided. Please adhere to specification outlined on the-blocks.com. Only fully complete entries will be considered.
- All entries must be received by 23.59 on the date displayed on the-blocks.com. We are unable to guarantee that entries received following this date will be considered.
- Supporting evidence must be submitted alongside the entry. We cannot guarantee that evidence submitted after this time will be considered.
- Entries are open to individuals or organisations who have worked, or are currently working, on a blockchain related project.
- Please do not submit confidential project information as supporting evidence.
- The judging team may contact the entrant for further information or clarification, should they deem it required. As such, please include a valid email address on the entry form.
- You may enter as many categories as are suitable, however each entry must be treated as a separate entry and entered as such.
- Entries may be moved into an alternative or additional category should the judges believe that the entry is suited.
- The organisers reserve the right to promote your participation in the awards, during the awards process itself and thereafter.
- Awards will be presented at The Blocks Awards.
- Judges feedback on individual entries cannot be guaranteed.
- The judges’ decision is final.
Part Two: Ticketing
When booking your attendance, or entering the awards, you may be asked if you wish to be contacted by sponsored parties. Depending on how you reply, sponsored parties may contact you by post or email with information or offers regarding their goods and services.
Ticket cancellation requests received 2 or less months before the Conference date are liable to 100% of the Cost; those between 2 and 4 months before the Conference date to 80% of the Cost; and those 4 months or more to 50% of the Cost.
Part Three: On-site
During the course of the two day event certain parts of Blockchain Expo may be photographed, recorded and/or video taped. When registering for the show you are also giving permission to be photographed, recorded and/or videotaped. These photography, recording and/or video tapes will be used for public display and/or sale after the show.
Blockchain Expo accepts no responsibility for the actions of others while under the influence of alcohol served Blockchain Expo, including the official party, location to be confirmed.
As an attendee of The Blocks you have a duty to maintain health and safety standards for your own and others benefit. Failure to comply with any laws, health & safety and/or restrictions imposed by the venue and/or the organiser, may result in immediate removal from the premises without any refund or compensation.
Part Four: Privacy
Blockchain Expo is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This statement outlines our practices in relation to information about yourself, which you submit to us in order to register with Blockchain Expo, and use the blockchain-expo.com website.
When registering for an Blockchain Expo event we obtain the relevant data necessary to process your order and provide the agreed services. Required data fields are indicated with an asterisk.
How we will use your data:
– To provide agreed services including but not limited to invoicing, tickets, event communications
– Event advertising
– Market research purposes
– Event related service offerings from selected partners/third parties
Furthermore, by allowing your Blockchain Expo badge to be scanned at the event you are expressing consent for your data to be shared with that third party/partner.
We are registered under the data protection act and we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure this information is held securely and we further state not to reveal your contact details to a third party under any circumstances, other that with your specific consent. Users can access the data held on them by blockchain-expo.com by contacting TechForge Media Ltd in writing or by e-mail, subject to a nominal charge of £10, as authorised by the Act, to cover administration costs.
User details may be transferred to another internal company or to the new owner if ownership of blockchain-expo.com.
Your IP address is stored by us to generate various usage reports at an aggregate level which help us to continually refine our site content, we may also use the information you provide to produce internal reports on demographics, interests and behaviour, any information used again will be analysed on an aggregated level.
Whilst we strive to protect User’s personal information with secure forms and encryption, no data transmission over the Internet can be guarantee to be totally secure and thus TechForge Media Ltd cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information it may process as part of the site.